Ask an author, blogger or most any sane person on earth what food cures all ills and
they'll all give you the same answer: Chocolate.
If they don't say chocolate they'll probably say something sweet. Cake, cookies, ice cream, candy...
It doesn't really matter. It's all brain food that fuels the fire and keeps you going at
all hours of the day and night.
That's what I needed tonight, so I decided to make ooey gooey delicious Oreo Brownies and share the recipe with my readers. And as a bonus, I'll even show you how to make them. So let's get started....
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 double stuff oreos, crushed
- 3/4 cup flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dump the oil, butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk it all together until it looks like a goopy yolk colored mess. (I promise it will get better. Then add the cocoa powder, and do it in small bits or you'll wind up with a cloud of cocoa flying around your kitchen. You can see these steps below.
3. Add the flour and salt and keep stirring. Now, you should have a chocolately mess.
4. Find your package of Oreos and a plastic bag big enough for about 6 or 7 cookies. (Yes, you can eat one or ten during this step. I won't tell.) Once the cookies are in the bag, CRUSH! Large pieces of cookie and cream are good, so don't go too crazy. When you're finished mix the pieces into the batter.